Monday, March 28, 2011

Manga News! Sailor Moon Comeback

Guess what??? I just found out some *wonderful* news through a post by Naija Barbie!  And it's pretty obvious from the title of this post what that news is, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway:  SAILOR MOON IS MAKING A COMEBACK!  This article from MTV Geek reports that Kodansha USA has announced and confirmed that the original Sailor Moon manga by the great Naoko Takeuchi will be re-published in newly designed volumes and will include extensive bonus material by Ms. Takeuchi.  And to make things EVEN BETTER, the original Codename Sailor V manga will also make its U.S. debut alongside the Sailor Moon re-launches!


Manga illustration of Sailor Moon flanked by Sailors Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, and Mars.  My childhood heroines~
I'm super excited to hear that one of my first manga, and the one that spawned my first-ever anime series is going to be re-launced/re-released!  I never did get my hands on the bulk of the original Mixx Entertainment/Tokyopop manga volumes with the exception of the first one, so I'll definitely be striving to get these new volumes.  And how awesome is it that WE FINALLY GET CODENAME SAILOR V TRANSLATED????  I've been wishing so. very. HARD to someday have the chance to read Codename Sailor V someday, and now I'll be able to do that!  Minako/Mina/Sailor Venus is one of my favorite characters, and I think a lot of people either don't know or forget that she came before Sailor Moon.  I'll be sooooo happy to see that distinction made, and happy for another generation of fans to be inspired by the series like I was as a kid.

The release date for this re-launch of the series is currently set for September 2011, so you can bet that I'll be keeping close tabs on that one!  I *do* need to plan and budget for this, after all.   If you love Sailor Moon too, then please consider supporting the re-launch and purchasing the volumes when they come out, okay?

And I still have that "fun" post coming up; I just need to snap a few photos and then I can finish putting it together.  Hopefully that'll be something to look forward to by Thursday.  ^  ^

2 comments:

  1. I never got the Stars series from the Mixx manga, so I'm happy about this for sure! I wonder how different the translation will be. I guess all those people trying to sell the Mixx versions for 100$ each are gonna be sorry soon XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sara Mari: You know, I hadn't thought about there being any changes to the translation, but now that you mention it, I'm kind of curious too! And I had no idea the Mixx versions were going for that much. $100 is a *crazy* price to be selling those for! :O I hope you get to read the Stars series; I'll be starting from scratch for this one. XD Thank you for commenting~

    ReplyDelete