Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dream Rooms & A Little Music

 Good evening! I hope today was a good day for everyone! With spring around the corner, I've been planning my Spring Cleaning. Yes, it's getting to be that time of the year that appeals to many of us as a time to start over, clean out closets, and re-organize our lives. Or it might just be me. ^ ^

Well, with my mind on fresh starts, I've been dreaming/thinking a lot lately of my ideal room! The room I currently live in isn't exactly up to what I'd like to have in a room (although I'm very thankful for the privacy it affords and that I have a room to call (mostly) my own!), so I actually dream about moving out to a place of my own someday soon.  Anyway, it's a pet project of mine to someday have a bedroom that looks exactly the way I want it to.  So this is something I will think about and plan sometimes.

I'm quite fond of furniture and home decor items from Ikea, so I went loooking for bedroom designs that utilize those items.  Take a look at some of my favorites!  These are in no particular order:

From Home Klondike
This room has a bright, airy feel to it, and the light wood and pops of pink give it a great vibe that I really like!  I'd *love* to have that many drawers to stash my clothing and other belongings in~  Check out the wonderful closet and wall mirror behind the bed and the fluffy rug on the floor!  So cute, I think!



From Deco DIR
 I'm normally not a fan of darker colors in a bedroom, but the vibrant tones and stellar organization sold me on this design!  I mean, check out those floating shelves and the great chest of drawers!  Such great storage solutions, and it looks like it could really work in a smaller space.  A big point of this design for me, though, is the bed; I'm ready to go to sleep just looking at it!

From Curbly
I absolutely *love* this room!  The clean lines and bright natural light make this space so very cute!  I would probably go with a larger single rug instead of the two, and opt for some cute, spring-appropriate bedding in brighter colors.  But aside from that, I'd say this space is pretty darn near perfect for my taste!

From Furniture Studio Design
And, as a bonus, I thought this wardrobe design was awesome!  It's got a place for everything, and I dearly love for things to be in their places.  Plus, it even looks good without doors, but you could certainly hang a cute curtain to hide if you wanted to.  I'd *love* a custom closet like this someday.

So, which do you like best? Do these rooms make you want to re-think your own space? What kind of design would you choose for your own dream room?

Also, If you want more inspiration for room decor and chic organization, then check out Miss Mitsu's post about the Chambre a Coucher home and roomwear line  from gal brand Liz Lisa over at Universal Doll, and don't miss Keikk's lovely little tidbit about the spectacular closet solutions available from Ikea in her New Years' style resolution post!

And for some extra inspiration towards surrounding yourself with things you love in your bedroom, make sure to read Yumeka's post about her anime-inspired room.

I will now leave you with this song by Japanese pop icon Koda Kumi. It's titled "Lies" and I've been looping it on my computer and mp3 player for the last week, it's soooo addicting to me for some reason. X3 Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment