Friday, March 11, 2011

The Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan

I'm still adjusting to finding a posting schedule that's consistent and works with my personal schedule, so it's been awhile since my last post. I'll try to post more often, I promise~

But I felt it was important to acknowledge the terrible earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan yesterday (which was actually today for them). I'd like to express my deepest sympathy at this horrible and unfortunate event.  I actually feel physically ill at the thought of the situation, I'm so sorry, and I have tears in my eyes as I type this.  I'm saddened to hear of the tremendous losses being suffered, and my prayers go out to those affected and their families.

I'm also very thankful that my three good friends (Theresa, Heidi, and Alex) who are living and teaching in various areas of Japan are okay and weren't in the immediate areas of effect, as well as my friends Ayumi, Eimi and Tomohisa, who was DRIVING while the earthquake hit. That must've been really scary for him, poor guy.  D: But I feel like I can't begin to express how glad I am that my friends are all safe as far as I know. I still have some Japanese friends to check up on, though, so I'm also praying that they're safe. >_<


Some of the damage caused by the combination of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. From Hot 'N Current.
After reading various reports and seeing photos and videos of what I know is just a small portion of the aftermath, I'm fervently hoping and praying for the best possible recovery from the damages caused by these disasters for everyone involved. If you have any friends/family in Japan, then you also have my prayers for them and their safety.  And if you can, I hope we'll all be able to do something to help soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment