Sunday, October 14, 2012

Some Things Lately & Weekend Coordinate

Hello-lo~ I just thought I'd do a quick post to make sure my blogging ball stays in some kind of motion.  This is a bit later than I'd planned, but hey! It's another post in the same month, right? Right.  (Nevermind that it's been two weeks since my last post) ^  ^

Anyway, last weekend, I met up with two of my besties for some shopping and yummy food!  I really didn't know what to wear, as I wanted to be cute and comfy for the day.  This is a modified version of what I ended up wearing:

Black shorts: Banana Republic
"Ethnic" print top: Agenda
Coral cardi: Mossimo Supply Co. (Target)
Shoes: Converse (Chuck Taylor All-Star hi-tops in red & black)
Bag: Liz Claiborne

I was originally wearing my Litas (more about them in another post!), and my hair down, but as they day went on, I switched shoes and put my hair up into the cute side bun. I'll probably do a variation of this coordinate at this point.  ^  ^;;

But that day, N came by my house to pick me up, and we ended up going to Rolling Sushi in Rancho Cucamonga for lunch, which was sooooooo delicious! I don't know of any other sushi restaurants in my area, but I'm always really happy with what I get at Rolling Sushi~

My spicy tuna rolls! One of my favorites~ But this time, the plating was a bit off or I took a bad shot.  XD


N's lunch set combo! It came with miso soup,  4 pieces of sushi, 4 pieces of sashimi, and  an 8-piece California roll~

I forgot to take a photo of my chicken teriyaki roll (yes, it's really good, I promise!), and the chef gave us these lovely extra, on-the-house chicken (or was it fish???) tempura sushi bits that were fried to perfection. DEFINITELY recommend Rolling Sushi if you love sushi and live in the area!

After lunch, we ran to Victoria Gardens and shopped around for jewelry in a few shops, including Claire's before we met up with our friend Ri, who is always fun to hang with.  N and I went to Coldstone Creamery to get ice cream and a milkshake for me~ Then we all sat down and talked... politics??!?  That was interesting for me, since I've never had an interest in politics before, but this year's Presidential race has finally roused my interest.

We wandered around a bit, and ended up in Windsor so Ri could try on some stuff. I saw a purse I REALLY liked there, since I've been on the hunt for a giant bag to take to work so I wouldn't have to carry two (sometimes more, oi -__-) bags to work anymore. But I didn't buy it.

Then the three of us ended the night with dinner at Cheesecake Factory! It was all kinds of yummy~ I got the Factory Nachos with spicy chicken (I was so happy because I'd been craving them for weeks), but sorry I forgot to take a photo of them, lol, what a bad blogger I am~ XD  I will instead spam you with a couple photos from when I went out to brunch with my siblings at the same Cheesecake Factory about a month ago in honor of my little sister's birthday:

My sister's cafe latte or something coffee drink. It was HUGE, and yes, that IS a pile of whipped cream on top~

I spotted these on the menu while browsing for what I wanted; definitely need to try these next time I'm out with the girls! Don't they sound delicious? :3

My wonderfully gorgeous and absolutely amazing French toast! It's on the brunch menu, and definitely worth a try!

But I also for sure recommend the Cheesecake Factory in Victoria Gardens too, because not only is the food really good, the service is always excellent!  For the birthday brunch, they were really considerate of the fact that my sister and I had with us three children aged ten years and under (one with a VERY picky & particular appetite), and they even brought the little sister a complimentary birthday ice cream, complete with sprinkles, a song, and a pink candle! Can't get much better than that~

I hope you have a lovely Sunday! Do something nice for yourself, and enjoy it! I'll be really busy today with school assignments and getting ready for work tomorrow, but I hope to have some time left to comment on my favorite blogs today... you've all been so inspirational to me lately, I've gotta show some love~

I have a few posts lined up, including a review or two, so let's see if I can keep the blog ball rolling, shall we?

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment