Monday, January 16, 2012

December & Early January Photos

Hello and a VERY belated Happy New Year!  I hope everyone has had a lovely January thus far, and that the transition back to work after holidays wasn't too bad.  I was actually SUPER-busy this past month, with work and going around, so I never did find or make time to blog again since my last entry.  >_<  Until now, that is.  ^  ^

Anyway, I have some photos to share from early December until now, and I thought it would be a fun idea to share them to get myself back towards a blogging mindset!  Enjoy~


This is the old drink menu from the restaurant inside my local Gameworks.  I went there with a couple of friends towards the middle of last month, and we were bummed to find that they'd changed the menu, and our favorite ice cream drinks were no longer on the menu. :(  But our server assured us that the bar could make the drinks as long as they had the ingredients, so my friends got their drinks, and then I discovered that the old menu was hiding behind the inserts of the new one.  Good thing I'm so curious. XD  I took the picture so we'd remember exactly what was in the drinks~


My sister's Christmas gift~ She doesn't usually ask for much, if anything, so when she said she'd be thrilled to get this, of course I obliged!  She's done SOOOOO much for me, and I was happy to gift her with something she likes and wouldn't normally get for herself.  ^  ^


Then about a week and a half before Christmas, my bestie AJ's parents dropped by our house to drop off this lovely jar of holiday chocolates and hot chocolate mix for me!  I was so surprised and touched to get this; and being the big lover of sweets that I am, I and my siblings have since made short work of this offering.  XD  The pretty jar is now going to house my spare change.  ^  ^





Then I spent a few days during the last week in December down in OC for an impromptu temporary job at the law office in Newport Beach my very close friend S works at, and one night we went down to Albatros, which is this absolutely WONDERFUL Mexican food restaurant in Lake Forest, where I got my favorite thing on their menu: these amazing fries with Carne Asada.  I have no words to describe them, but I made short work of the entire box (half the box remains in the photo).  Yes, it's that good. XD  Highly recommended; check out the reviews for Albatros on Yelp!


And this is the delicious chocolate dipped coconut macaroon that S bought from the Godiva Chocolatier store in the Cerritos Mall on New Years' Eve after a late lunch with our other friend A at Red Robin, and decided I needed to share with her. XD  I'm really not a fan of coconut, but Godiva knows what they're doing with these!  Also recommend these if you get near a Godiva store any time soon~

Then skip to this past weekend, when I went to the Katella Deli, which is a Jewish-style bakery in Los Alamitos, with three of my friends.  It was my first time there, so I remembered to take photos of all the food we ordered:

The mozarella sticks I ordered.  When I saw how huge they were, I knew I had to call in reinforcements.  Go sharing~

The Matzo Ball soup and assorted bread that N got.

The French Dip sandwich with fries and house coleslaw that S ordered.

The Monte Cristo deep-fried ham & roast beef sandwich with fresh fruit and jelly that went to a very happy A~

And here's my Tuna Melt with cheddar cheese on dill bread with fries and coleslaw.
It was all really tasty, and we had so much fun hanging out and visiting the bakery after we ate.  The bakery attached to the Katella Deli is wonderful and amazing, with a wide selection of deli foods and baked goods!  I got some French macarons (strawberry, lemon, vanilla, and coffee), and they were yummy.  Sorry, I forgot to take photos of them.  >_<;;

So that's mostly the sum of December and the first half of this month for me; I've been reading lots of wonderful blog posts about holiday plans and shenanigans, and I'm slowly getting around to commenting on them, since I believe that comments are the best way to let your favorite blogger know her or his hard work is appreciated. ^  ^

Next time, I want to do a "gets" post of the items I've received or purchased this past Fall and Winter, so this week, my goal will be to take the necessary photos and get them ready to go.  I'd also like to do a post for my 2012 resolutions because I think that sharing them here will make it easier to follow them.  Oh, and if you're doing the 12 By 2012 Challenge, it's not too late!  I want to try and finish off my list before the end of this month, and enjoy the fresh starts it will give me in a few areas of my life.  Good luck again to anyone else who's still working on theirs, and congratulations to those who have finished!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment